Ear Wax Removal Clinic in Palm Bay, FL
Ear wax buildup can cause symptoms such as earache, hearing loss, tinnitus, vertigo, or ear infections. If you are looking for ear wax removal clinic, visit Restore Health Urgent Care. Our urgent care specialist Patricia Hill, ARNP, is a family nurse practitioner. She has 14 years of experience in the nursing field. She received her education from Eastern Oklahoma State College and Graceland University in Kansas City, Missouri. Contact us for more information or schedule an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 1840 Eldron Blvd SE. Suite 1 Palm Bay, FL 32909.
Table of Contents:
What causes excess ear wax?
How can you tell if you have ear wax blockage?
Can I prevent ear wax blockage?
What are the benefits of getting your ears professionally cleaned?
There are several factors that can cause excess ear wax, including:
• Genetics – Some people are predisposed to produce more ear wax than others.
• Age – As people age, their ear wax tends to become drier and harder, which can make it more difficult to remove and more likely to become impacted.
• Skin conditions – Certain skin conditions, such as eczema or psoriasis, can cause an overproduction of ear wax.
• Ear canal shape – People with narrower or more curved ear canals are more likely to develop ear wax impaction.
• Use of hearing aids or earplugs – These devices can trap the wax in the ear canal, making it more likely to become impacted.
• Exposure to water – Exposure to water, such as when swimming or showering, can cause the ear wax to become softer and more likely to become impacted.
• Use of cotton swabs or other tools to clean the ears – This can push the wax further into the ear canal, making it more difficult to remove.
Excess ear wax can cause a variety of symptoms, including hearing loss, ear discomfort, and ear infections. It can be treated with home remedies such as ear drops, or by visiting an urgent care facility or an audiologist.
There are several signs and symptoms that may indicate an earwax blockage, including:
• Decreased hearing or a feeling of fullness or pressure in the ear.
• Tinnitus (ringing or buzzing in the ear)
• Itching or a feeling of discomfort in the ear
• A bad odor coming from the ear
• Discharge from the ear
It’s important to note that some of these symptoms can also be caused by other ear problems, such as an ear infection. A visit to an audiologist or urgent care center would be the best way to identify the cause of the symptoms and to determine if an earwax blockage is present and in need of treatment. An ear examination through an otoscope would allow the professional to see if the earwax is blocking the ear canal.
There are several things you can do to prevent earwax blockage:
• Avoid using cotton swabs, paper clips, or other items to clean the inside of your ears, as this can push the wax further into the ear canal.
• Use ear drops specifically made to soften ear wax, before cleaning your ear by gently flushing it out with lukewarm water using a bulb syringe.
• Avoid exposing your ears to water when swimming or showering, if you have a tendency to develop earwax blockages.
• Use earplugs or a shower cap to keep water out of your ears when showering or swimming.
• Avoid using ear candles, as there is no evidence that they are effective and they can cause serious injury.
• Have regular checkups with an audiologist or ear specialist to monitor your ear wax condition and remove blockages.
There are several benefits to getting your ears professionally cleaned, including:
• Improved hearing – Earwax blockages can cause hearing loss, and professional cleaning can remove the blockages and improve your hearing.
• Prevention of infections – Earwax can trap bacteria and other harmful microorganisms, which can lead to infections. Professional cleaning can remove bacteria and prevent infections from occurring.
• Relief from ear discomfort – Earwax blockages can cause a feeling of fullness or pressure in the ears, as well as itching and discomfort. Professional cleaning can relieve these symptoms.
• Prevention of damage to the ear canal – Using cotton swabs or other tools to clean your ears can cause damage to the delicate skin of the ear canal, leading to irritation and even bleeding. A professional cleaner has the right tools and methods to avoid any damage.
• Relief from tinnitus – Earwax blockages can cause or worsen tinnitus, a ringing or buzzing in the ears. Professional cleaning can help relieve the symptoms of tinnitus.
It is important to note that people who are using hearing aids, or earplugs or have a history of ear surgery should be extra careful, as these may require special care, regular check-ups, and cleaning by a doctor or audiologist. Contact us for more information or schedule an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 1840 Eldron Blvd SE. Suite 1 Palm Bay, FL 32909. We serve patients from Palm Bay FL, Malabar FL, Melbourne FL, and June Park FL.
Additional Services You May Need
- TB Testing
- Breath Alcohol Testing
- Travel Medicine
- Urine Drug Screens
- Family Practice
- Depression & Other Psychiatric Conditions
- Internal Medicine
- Drug Testing for Pre-Employment
- Employee Vaccinations
- Veterans Care
- Sports and Camp Physicals
- Geriatric Exams
- Covid-19 Testing
- Workers Comp